If you’re remodeling your kitchen and you’re wanting it to really be customized, then be sure to keep these kitchen cabinet door styles in mind! Choose what’s right for you.
Are you ready to start renovating your kitchen? One of the biggest decisions you’ll need to make is about your kitchen cabinets. They’ll take up the bulk of the visual space in your home, and so you need to find the right cabinet doors for your home.
Here are some of the best styles out there right now, so you can choose something that suits the space perfectly.
1. Shaker Cabinets
These are probably the most popular cabinet door styles out there, and you’ll see them in kitchens year after year. They utilize a five-piece flat design that is timeless. Because they’re so adaptable, you can use them in almost any kitchen and they’ll fit in seamlessly. They’re a great option if you like a more minimalist look too, as they don’t take up a lot of visual space when they’re in your home.
2. Slab Cabinets
This is the most modern look for your kitchen. The slab cabinet door is just that, a smooth slab door that has no profile on it. Many like to combine this with touch opening, so you don’t even need to put a handle on them. If you go this route, you can have a seriously contemporary-looking kitchen. They also look great in nontraditional colors too, so you can experiment with them.
3. Mesh Door Cabinets
These cabinet doors use a mesh in the middle of them, which allows you to see into the cabinet without the contents being instantly obvious. If you match the color of the mesh to the hardware on the door, it will create a uniform look that’s something a little different from the norm.
4. Glass Door Cabinets
Much like the mesh door cabinets, these doors have a panel that allows you to see inside. These are traditionally used on china cabinets and other places you want to display the contents within. However, you can use them wherever you want in your kitchen. You can also choose to add frosting or other detail to the glass, to add more visual detail. Mix these with full cabinet doors in your kitchen for a look that’s all your own.
5. Rustic Country Style Doors
If you want something that feels more rustic, then rustic country-style cabinet doors are the way to go. These use raw wood to create a look that has a lot of character. Of course, these do look better in actual country homes than urban ones, so you’ll have to think carefully about where you’ll use them. If you still want that distressed wood look, then you can go for an urban rustic look. This uses darker colors to create a more polished style that will look great.
6. Traditional Cabinet Doors
Want something that is a real classic? Then you can go with traditional cabinet doors. These doors give you a more elaborate style, as there are more beadwork and flourishes that give it that extra bit of style. If you really want your kitchen to make a statement, then this is the way to go.
7. Louvred Doors
If you want to create more texture in your kitchen, then these doors are a great option. They use horizontal slats in the frame, creating a great look as well as allowing for ventilation. They’re a perfect option for storing veggies or just as a stylistic choice.
8. Open Shelving
If you want to be seriously on-trend, then you can go for open shelving. This means no cabinet doors at all. From a budget perspective, you won’t have to spend more on doors which saves you a lot of cash. If you’re someone who collects matching crockery and pans, then you can show off your items this way too.
Which Works For You?
There are lots of different kitchen cabinet styles, and you’ll have to decide which style works for you. How do you pick the right doors for your kitchen?
- What’s your budget like? Firstly, consider how much money you have to spend on your renovation project. Is replacing the cabinet doors a priority? If you only have so much cash and the cabinets you have are mostly fine, you can always look into repainting them. Some paint and new hardware could be all your kitchen need to get a brand new look.
- What kind of look do you want? Every home is different, and you’ll want your kitchen to stay true to your vision. Do you want something that’s modern and bang on trend? Then you’ll want flat slab doors or contemporary style doors. What if you want something more timeless? Then shaker doors will be your best bet. Have a vision in mind, before you start planning.
- Remember the practicalities: There are certain cabinet doors that will be better for some jobs than others. Louvred doors will allow for ventilation so you can store your potatoes safely, while glass cabinet doors will allow you to see into your cabinets easily. What do you need the most? Remember, you can mix and match to a degree, too.
- Don’t forget the hardware: As well as the doors, you’ll need to think about the hardware on them. What kind of handles and other hardware do you want to see? Usually, this will be dictated by the style of the doors themselves, so modern pull handles will be better on contemporary doors, while cup handle pulls will work better on a shaker or traditional style door. If you want, you could go without the handles entirely if you want a touch-to-open system. Consider all the options when you’re choosing your cabinets.
Whatever you’re looking for in new kitchen cabinet doors, one of these styles is sure to suit you and your kitchen. Pick something that suits your tastes and budget, and you’ll be able to create a whole new look into your kitchen. It’s easier than you’d think, so start planning your dream kitchen look now.